PHILIPPINES: San Mig sees beer growth abroad
Strong growth in Australia, Indonesia and China helped drive San Miguel's international beer division in the first eight months of the year.
As reported earlier this month, revenues from international beer sales at San Miguel Corp rose 9% in the period. The rise came on the back of double digit volume increases.
However, Dow Jones today reported that the Philippine food and drinks group had added that revenues at its Indonesian unit, PT Delta Djakarta Tbk, were up 31% in the first eight months, on the same period last year, to IDR347.5bn. Volumes rose 24%.
In Australia, J. Boag & Son revenues reached A61.2m, up 13% on a 16% increase in sales volume.
Meanwhile in China, San Miguel's operations reported a 13% increase in sales volume of its Dragon and Blue Star brands.
Overall, international beer revenues reached US$181.7m in the eight months to the end of August. In the same period volumes were up 13%.
The company said: "Robust sales in Indonesia and Australia continued to support positive performance from international beer sales over the last year."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends