PHILIPPINES: San Mig sales and volumes up
San Miguel Corp has reported a 30% rise in sales in the first eight months of the year, with a double digit increase in beverage revenues.
The Philippine food and drink giant said sales in the period January to August reached PHP139.9 billion.
The strong performance in beverages was driven by volume increases in water, juice and international beer.
International beer sales volumes in the period were up 13% and value rose 9% on the same period last year to US$181.7m. Beer sales performed particularly well in Indonesia and Australia, San Miguel said.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery