PHILIPPINES: San Mig beer record drives profits
All-time high beer sales volumes helped San Miguel Corp report a 9.6% rise in full year net profit to PHP8.08bn today.
Beer sales for the company reached PHP36.9bn, up 21%, on the back of record volumes of 174m cases. The company has been conducting an aggressive marketing and promotion campaign for its beer brands.
Overall, sales were up 18% for the Philippine food and drink giant to PHP174.7bn. Operating income expanded 22% year-on-year to PHP17.5bn.
International beer sales were up 12% in value to US$263m on a 13% increase in volume.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research