Product Launch - US: Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout
Click through to view Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout
Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout
Category - Beer, UK, 5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, on- and off-trade. Click here for further details
Price - Recommended off-premise US retail is US$4.99 per 55cl bottle, $11.99 for 4-packs of 35.5cl bottles
Distribution - Importation handled by Merchant du Vin
Samuel Smith’s has launched a chocolate stout version of its namesake beer brand in the US. The variant, which was released in the UK earlier this year, is the brewer's first dark organic ale.
Earlier this year, Merchant du Vin brought an apricot version of the ale to the UK and Canada.
Merchant du Vin and Samuel Smith's Brewery are proud to announce Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout, a peerless blend of dark roasted malt and chocolate. It will be available fall 2012 coast-to-coast in 18.7 oz. (550 ml) bottles and in four-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
Roasted barley and chocolate are beautifully melded together in this delicious stout: it's a deep, rich, aromatic, and satisfying ale with full body and fruity notes from the Sam Smith's yeast strain supporting lush chocolate aroma and flavour. Organic Chocolate Stout is fermented in open- topped stone vessels, slate "Yorkshire Squares." It's USDA Certified Organic by the UK Soil Association and - like all Smith beers - it is Registered Vegan.
Samuel Smith's, a small independent British brewery, has been making authentic beer in the village of Tadcaster, in Yorkshire, England, since 1758. Smith beers have been sold in the US since 1978.
In addition to Samuel Smith's, Merchant du Vin imports Traquair House from Scotland; Ayinger and Certified Organic Pinkus beers from Germany; Lindemans lambics, Green's Gluten-Free beers and the Trappist beers of Orval, Westmalle, and Rochefort from Belgium; and Zatec from the Czech Republic.
Original source: Company Release
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future