GERMANY: Sales up 2% at Brau und Brunnen
German brewer, Brau und Brunnen, has posted sales of €720 million (US$628.3m) for 2001, an increase of 2% from 2000. The company sold some 7.25m hls of beer in 2001, also 2% up on last year. This compared with a decline in the sector as a whole of around 1.8%, the company said. Brau und Brunnen stated that it plans to reduce debt to €40m (US$34.9m) or €50m (US$43.6m) by the end of 2002 and expects to return a profit in 2003. The brewer had debts of some €200m (US$174.5m) at the beginning of 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review