RUSSIA: Sales up 11% at Sun Interbrew
Sun Interbrew said it had lost market share in the domestic beer market during the second quarter and as a result it expects its net profit for the year to be down from 2001. Analysts have also lowered their forecasts for 2002 net sales by an average of 2%.
Net profit fell in the second quarter fell from €8.6m to €3.5m. Sun Interbrew attributed the disappointing performance to higher-than-expected foreign exchange losses of €5.6m in the second quarter against a gain of €979,000 last year.
The company also said that its current packaging - glass bottles rather than cans and PET - was more expensive than PET and cans. It said the majority of its €35.2m capital investment in the second quarter went towards the installation of canning and PET bottling lines. The company said the switch to cheaper packaging in the fourth quarter of 2002 would result in a rise in profits.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research