UK: Sales rise across the board at Burtonwood
Sales at Burtonwood Brewery Plc have risen across both tenanted and managed estates in the 13 weeks to 3 July. The company said today that trading so far this financial year has been "encouraging."
Burtonwood will report to its Annual General Meeting today that total sales were up by 9% across its managed estate, and by 3% across the tenanted estate.
The company owns 449 mostly neighbourhood pubs across north and central England and Wales, of which 408 are leased to tenants.
Richard Gilchrist, chairman, said: "Our pubs have continued to perform well. On 1 July we completed the acquisition of a package of 16 tenanted pubs in Yorkshire which was announced with our results in June. We have also acquired 2 new pubs in individual deals.
"I remain confident of further good progress in the current financial year and beyond," Gilchrist concluded.
A resolution to change the name of the company to Burtonwood PLC will be proposed at today's meeting.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends