UK: Sales rise across the board at Burtonwood
Sales at Burtonwood Brewery Plc have risen across both tenanted and managed estates in the 13 weeks to 3 July. The company said today that trading so far this financial year has been "encouraging."
Burtonwood will report to its Annual General Meeting today that total sales were up by 9% across its managed estate, and by 3% across the tenanted estate.
The company owns 449 mostly neighbourhood pubs across north and central England and Wales, of which 408 are leased to tenants.
Richard Gilchrist, chairman, said: "Our pubs have continued to perform well. On 1 July we completed the acquisition of a package of 16 tenanted pubs in Yorkshire which was announced with our results in June. We have also acquired 2 new pubs in individual deals.
"I remain confident of further good progress in the current financial year and beyond," Gilchrist concluded.
A resolution to change the name of the company to Burtonwood PLC will be proposed at today's meeting.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends