UK: Sales, profits stay strong in Edrington Group H1
- Net profits in H1 climb by 19.7% to GBP38.3m (US$60.8m)
- Sales in six months to end of September rise by 6.2% to GBP295.9m
- Operating profits up by 19.8% to GBP63.6m
The Edrington Group released its H1 numbers earlier this week
The Edrington Group has hailed the performance of its single malt Scotch whisky portfolio for driving its half-year numbers.
Net profits in the first six months to the end of September rose by 19.7% to GBP38.3m (60.8m) the Glasgow-based premium spirits group said earlier this week. Sales in the period climbed by 6.2% GBP295.5m.
Operating profits in the first-half were up by 19.8% to GBP3.6m, the group said.
The company pointed to "stong growth in the US, Asia and emerging markets", which offset "weakness" in southern Europe.
In particular, it saw a "strong performance" from its premium single malt brands in the US and its blended brands in Asia, where "improvements" in its distribution network in the region drove growth.
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
Beam Inc is lining up the first national television advert in the UK for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK