JAPAN: Sales, earnings up at Asahi Soft Drinks
The soft drinks arm of Japanese drinks group Asahi Breweries has posted its figures for 2006.
Asahi Soft Drinks said yesterday (6 February) that sales for the year came in 6.4% up on 2005 at JPY231.6bn (US$1.9bn). Operating profit held steady, up to JPY10.1bn from JPY9.55bn.
Looking forward, Asahi Soft Drinks forecast sales reaching JPY241bn for the full year. Net profit in 2007 should come in at around JPY5.3bn.
Late last year, the unit's parent company, Asahi Breweries confirmed that it will transfer most of its soft drinks operations to sister company LB Co. Asahi bought LB in 2005.
Asahi Soft Drinks outsources production of chilled drinks and sells the beverages through wholesalers. This operation will fall to LB, but Asahi Soft Drinks will still oversee around 1,000 vending machines across the nation, local reports claimed.
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Asahi Breweries has warned that sales this year will be lower than initially forecast....
Japanese brewers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Orion have shown a second straight month of year-on-year decreases in beer shipments, according to reports....
Kirin Brewery Co has posted a healthy lift in Q1 sales....
A survey of the top brewers in Japan has shown total beer and quasi-beer shipments were flat in the first three months of this year....
Japanese beverage alcohol wholesaler Izmic Corp. has reportedly bought rival firm Yoshikawasyuhan Corp. for an undisclosed sum....
Shepherd Neame has reported a 7% rise in underlying profits for the first half of its financial year....
Japan's Sapporo Holdings is reportedly mulling an effective takeover bid from US hedge fund Steel Partners Japan....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India