NORWAY: Sales continue lift in 2007 for Vinmonopolet
Vinmonopolet has seen sales continue their rise in 2007.
The Norwegian alcohol retail monopoly said yesterday (17 December) that sales in November rose by 8.3% year-on-year, to 6m litres. In October, sales were up by 7.1% on the same month a year earlier.
As a breakdown, beer was the top-performer last month, registering a 17.9% lift in volume terms to 0.14m litres. Table wine and spirits sales were up, by 8.1% and 8.9% respectively.
In the first 11 months of 2007, sales lifted by 4.4% year-on-year, to 61.4m litres.
Vinmonopolet came into being in 1996 after the retail and wholesale alcohol monopoly was split following the country's entry into the European Economic Area two years earlier.
The London International Wine Fair always offers a wide variety of exhibitors, including a healthy representation from less well-known regions. Chris Losh took the opportunity of last month's fair to ...
The 61st World Health Assembly published its resolution on "Strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol" last month. Ben Cooper examines the resolution and the response from public health agencies...
A difference of opinion between Heineken-APB (China) and Nantong Fuhao Alcohol Industry (NAC) has resulted in the company selling its stake in Jiangsu DaFuHao Breweries to Nantong....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang Beer, is moving into the premium beer category in Thailand by launching German beer brand Federbrauin the country, according to local reports....
Australians who consume alcohol at dangerous levels drink eight times more beer than any other alcoholic product, according to research released today (3 June)....
Wine looks set to overtake soju in South Korea, according to recent figures from the country....
An anti-shipping law to be implemented in Illinois this week will result in hundreds of California winemakers losing their right to ship wine into the state's wine markets....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets