SWITZERLAND: Nestlé: Sales and Earnings Up Sharply During First Half of 2000
During the first half of 2000, the Nestlé Group achieved a significant increase in both sales and profit margins. Consolidated sales grew by 9.9 percent to CHF 38.8 billion, with real internal growth accelerating to 4.5 percent, compared to 2.1 percent in the same period of 1999. Trading profit amounted to CHF 4296 million. This represents 11.1 percent of sales against 9.8 percent for the 1st half of 1999. Net profit increased to CHF 2798 million or CHF 72.7 per share, resulting in a net profit margin of 7.2 percent (5.9 percent in the first half of 1999). The strong sales performance reflects the Group's emphasis on internal growth. The margin improvements result from progress achieved in enhancing operational efficiency, the streamlining of the Group's product portfolio, industrial restructuring and some lower raw material prices which were able to offset higher packaging costs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review