ESTONIA: Saku Ollethas lines up Strongbow cider for Estonia
Saku Olletehas has begun producing Scottish & Newcastle's Strongbow cider brand in Estonia.
The brewer, which is 75%-owned by S&N's Eastern European joint venture with Carlsberg, Baltic Beverages Holding, confirmed to just-drinks today (21 August) that it started making the cider under licence earlier this month. Saku said it is targeting 200,000 litres of sales in its first five months with the brand.
A spokesperson for Saku said that it received the licence to produce Strongbow in its home country a month ago. "We spent nine months getting the licence," the spokesperson said. The cider is now available in both the on- and off-trade.
The company is hoping sales of Strongbow will help it become market leader in the Estonian cider market.
Earlier this year, Saku posted a strong leap in profits for its first quarter of 2007. Operating profit for the period rose to EEK24m (US$2.07m) from EEK9.3m in the corresponding period a year earlier. The impressive performance came on the back of a 44% increase in sales, which came in at EEK181m.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
In acquiring 50%-ownership and global distribution rights to premium vodka brand Ketel One Diageo confirmed its withdrawal from the auction for Absolut. Moreover, writes Ben Cooper, the move for Ketel...
Belvédère has seen acquisitions in 2007 drive sales for the year to record highs....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Carlsberg has been granted a syndicated loan by four lenders....
Castle Brands has launched new packaging and an "edgy" marketing campaign for its Clontarf Irish whiskey brand....
Heineken has received its inquiry deadline from The European Commission over its acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has teamed up with The National Criminal Enforcement Association in the US, and The European Forum for Responsible Drinking in an effort to promote responsible drinking....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets