ESTONIA: Saku Ölletehas profits continue rise
Saku Ölletehas has posted another impressive rise in operating profit.
The Estonian drinks company said yesterday (4 June) that operating profit for its first quarter leapt to EEK24m (US$2.07m) from EEK9.3m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales for the period were also up, by 44% to EEK181m from 125 in Q1 2006.
In volume terms, beverage sales rose by a third to 21m litres.
While beer sales, in value terms, increased by 34% to EEK135m, sales of other alcoholic drinks almost doubled, hitting EEK30m. Table water sales also doubled, totalling EEK11m.
In September last year, the company delivered an 81% leap in profits for its first half of 2006. The company credited the strong figures to improved sales in all product categories and a clear upmarket shift in the beer sector.
Diageo is considering plans to brew its stout brand Guinness in India....
Carlsberg has confirmed that it is looking to cut costs in Scandinavia by pooling its marketing costs in Denmark, Norway and Sweden....
The head of Scottish & Newcastle is to visit Copenhagen, the home of Carlsberg, tomorrow (23 November) to re-outline his attempts to defend the brewer from Carlsberg and Heineken's takeover attempt....
Carlsberg has declined to comment on a call from a Scottish & Newcastle shareholder for the Danish brewer to give further details on the brewers' joint venture in Eastern Europe....
Carlsberg and Heineken have dismissed Scottish & Newcastle's trading update yesterday (20 November) as "unconvincing"....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Scottish & Newcastle has said that it has made "good progress" in its core markets, despite poor weather during the summer....
Carlsberg Polska is preparing to enter the wine market in Poland this month, according to local reports....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages