ESTONIA: Saku Ölletehas profits continue rise
Saku Ölletehas has posted another impressive rise in operating profit.
The Estonian drinks company said yesterday (4 June) that operating profit for its first quarter leapt to EEK24m (US$2.07m) from EEK9.3m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales for the period were also up, by 44% to EEK181m from 125 in Q1 2006.
In volume terms, beverage sales rose by a third to 21m litres.
While beer sales, in value terms, increased by 34% to EEK135m, sales of other alcoholic drinks almost doubled, hitting EEK30m. Table water sales also doubled, totalling EEK11m.
In September last year, the company delivered an 81% leap in profits for its first half of 2006. The company credited the strong figures to improved sales in all product categories and a clear upmarket shift in the beer sector.
Diageo is considering plans to brew its stout brand Guinness in India....
Carlsberg has confirmed that it is looking to cut costs in Scandinavia by pooling its marketing costs in Denmark, Norway and Sweden....
The head of Scottish & Newcastle is to visit Copenhagen, the home of Carlsberg, tomorrow (23 November) to re-outline his attempts to defend the brewer from Carlsberg and Heineken's takeover attempt....
Carlsberg has declined to comment on a call from a Scottish & Newcastle shareholder for the Danish brewer to give further details on the brewers' joint venture in Eastern Europe....
Carlsberg and Heineken have dismissed Scottish & Newcastle's trading update yesterday (20 November) as "unconvincing"....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Scottish & Newcastle has said that it has made "good progress" in its core markets, despite poor weather during the summer....
Carlsberg Polska is preparing to enter the wine market in Poland this month, according to local reports....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review