ESTONIA: Saku Ölletehas profits continue rise
Saku Ölletehas has posted another impressive rise in operating profit.
The Estonian drinks company said yesterday (4 June) that operating profit for its first quarter leapt to EEK24m (US$2.07m) from EEK9.3m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales for the period were also up, by 44% to EEK181m from 125 in Q1 2006.
In volume terms, beverage sales rose by a third to 21m litres.
While beer sales, in value terms, increased by 34% to EEK135m, sales of other alcoholic drinks almost doubled, hitting EEK30m. Table water sales also doubled, totalling EEK11m.
In September last year, the company delivered an 81% leap in profits for its first half of 2006. The company credited the strong figures to improved sales in all product categories and a clear upmarket shift in the beer sector.
Diageo is considering plans to brew its stout brand Guinness in India....
Carlsberg has confirmed that it is looking to cut costs in Scandinavia by pooling its marketing costs in Denmark, Norway and Sweden....
The head of Scottish & Newcastle is to visit Copenhagen, the home of Carlsberg, tomorrow (23 November) to re-outline his attempts to defend the brewer from Carlsberg and Heineken's takeover attempt....
Carlsberg has declined to comment on a call from a Scottish & Newcastle shareholder for the Danish brewer to give further details on the brewers' joint venture in Eastern Europe....
Carlsberg and Heineken have dismissed Scottish & Newcastle's trading update yesterday (20 November) as "unconvincing"....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Scottish & Newcastle has said that it has made "good progress" in its core markets, despite poor weather during the summer....
Carlsberg Polska is preparing to enter the wine market in Poland this month, according to local reports....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018