UK: Sainsbury's buyer makes move to Australian Vintage
Jeremy Dyer joins Australian Vintage's UK team from Sainsbury's
Australian Vintage has poached the senior wine buyer at Sainsbury's to drive its sales in the UK off-trade.
The wine producer, formerly known as McGuigan Simeon, confirmed earlier today (20 January) that Julian Dyer will move across in March, having spent 16 years with the supermarket chain.
Dyer will work alongside the company’s general manager for UK and Europe, Paul Schaafsma, to “help with the development of the business in the off-trade and most notably with the multiple retailers”.
“We are having some great success in the UK market at the moment,” said Schaafsma. “Australian Vintage is committed to the UK market and we need professionals of his calibre to help us continue to develop our brands in the off-trade.”
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch