UK: Sailor Jerry to stage ‘tattoo’ exhibitions
Sailor Jerry, the spiced rum brand distributed in the UK by First Drinks Brands, is staging a series of art exhibitions in the country.
Each exhibition will display the tattoo artwork of Norman Collins, the tattoo artist behind the brand's name, said First Drinks today (3 November).
The activity will be run by newly appointed brand ambassador Jill Matthews, who will host the events.
They will take place this months in music venues, including King Tut's in Glasgow, Cargo in London's Shoreditch district and Trio in Leeds.
"Focusing on a targeted regional marketing campaign enables us to raise the profile of Sailor Jerry's versatility to bartenders in key target UK cities," said Kathy Roe, senior brand manager for Sailor Jerry at First Drinks Brands. "By holding events in appropriate music venues, we are helping to support and drive footfall in bars which we know our target audience frequent."
Marketing support to promote the Art of Sailor Jerry Exhibition activity will include experiential and sampling activities across the on and off-trade. Additional on-trade support will take place in the run up to the art events.
Already a growth spirits category, the rum sector is unquestionably made all the more interesting for the presence of Havana Club. In this month's just the answer, Olly Wehring spoke with Marc Beuve-M...
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in ...
Increased investment by multinationals is transforming the rum sector which, according to a new report from just-drinks and IWSR, could be the next "hot" international spirits category. Ben Cooper rep...
Pernod Ricard's Malibu drink is to be the official spirits sponsor of the 2009 Association of Volleyball Professionals Crocs Tour....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a flavour extension to its Malibu rum brand in the US....
Burn Stewart Distillers has secured a sales and distribution agreement in the UK with J. Wray & Nephew for the 'modern' on-trade....
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau has joined the growing list of drinks companies decrying de-stocking by wholesalers, after seeing sales slip by 11.6% for its fiscal full-year....
Diageo is to form a joint venture with Kirin Holdings in Japan....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends