Product Launch - UK: SABMiller's Kozel
Category - Beer, lager, Czech, 4% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, on-trade, outlets to be confirmed
Price - No guidelines on retail price
Distribution - Miller Brands
Kozel is brewed in Czech by SABMiller subsidiary Plzensky Prazdroj.
The lager will be launched in draught format with a managed pub operator in 100 selected sites.
“Last November we announced our intention to expand our portfolio,” said Nick Miller, managing director of Miller Brands. “We’ve carried out rigorous and extensive research to establish exactly which brand would be the best fit. Our research also showed that drinkers are looking for something slightly lower in strength and at 4% abv, Kozel satisfies this demand.”
Kozel is Czech for 'goat'.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD