Product Launch - UK: SABMiller's Kozel
Category - Beer, lager, Czech, 4% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, on-trade, outlets to be confirmed
Price - No guidelines on retail price
Distribution - Miller Brands
Kozel is brewed in Czech by SABMiller subsidiary Plzensky Prazdroj.
The lager will be launched in draught format with a managed pub operator in 100 selected sites.
“Last November we announced our intention to expand our portfolio,” said Nick Miller, managing director of Miller Brands. “We’ve carried out rigorous and extensive research to establish exactly which brand would be the best fit. Our research also showed that drinkers are looking for something slightly lower in strength and at 4% abv, Kozel satisfies this demand.”
Kozel is Czech for 'goat'.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review