Product Launch - UK: SABMiller's Kozel
Category - Beer, lager, Czech, 4% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, on-trade, outlets to be confirmed
Price - No guidelines on retail price
Distribution - Miller Brands
Kozel is brewed in Czech by SABMiller subsidiary Plzensky Prazdroj.
The lager will be launched in draught format with a managed pub operator in 100 selected sites.
“Last November we announced our intention to expand our portfolio,” said Nick Miller, managing director of Miller Brands. “We’ve carried out rigorous and extensive research to establish exactly which brand would be the best fit. Our research also showed that drinkers are looking for something slightly lower in strength and at 4% abv, Kozel satisfies this demand.”
Kozel is Czech for 'goat'.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research