COLOMBIA/UK: SABMiller's Bavaria establishes US$1.3bn bond programme
The London-based brewer, which acquired Bavaria back in 2005, confirmed yesterday (29 March) that the COP2.5trn (US$1.325bn) programme will be used primarily to refinance Bavaria's existing COP1.910trn bonds by means of an exchange offer. Bondholders will be offered new securities in exchange for existing bonds.
The programme will also be available “to fund working capital and for other purposes”, SABMiller added.
Bonds and commercial paper issued under the programme will be registered for trading in the secondary market of the Colombian Stock Exchange – the Bolsa de Valores de Colombia - and admitted to the official list of the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange.
To read the official release, in Spanish, click here.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about - in part - following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. Ho...
SABMiller's takeover deal for Foster's Group has raised eyebrows about the Peroni brewer's strategy. Here, the maturity of Australia's beer market is underlined by consumption figures going back to 19...
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research