S AFRICA: SABMiller unveils US$980,000 election donation
SABMiller says the money will support democracy.
SABMiller is to fund South Africa's six main political parties ahead of next year's general election.
The brewer said this week the ZAR9m (US$980,000) injection will help develop South Africa's political system. The money will be distributed in proportion to the parties' seats in the National Assembly, SABMiller said.
SABMiller's outgoing CEO, Graham Mackay, said: “Political progress will remain vital to (South Africa's) continued stability and growth but this progress requires funding and significant human resources. This is an extremely important cause and it deserves our support.”
SABMiller said it contributed ZAR5m in the run-ups to the 1999, 2004 and 2009 elections.
“This year’s higher donation value follows a number of years of double-digit inflation in South Africa,” the company said.
For a round up of SABMiller's presence in Africa, click here.
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Australia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research