S AFRICA: SABMiller unveils US$980,000 election donation
SABMiller says the money will support democracy.
SABMiller is to fund South Africa's six main political parties ahead of next year's general election.
The brewer said this week the ZAR9m (US$980,000) injection will help develop South Africa's political system. The money will be distributed in proportion to the parties' seats in the National Assembly, SABMiller said.
SABMiller's outgoing CEO, Graham Mackay, said: “Political progress will remain vital to (South Africa's) continued stability and growth but this progress requires funding and significant human resources. This is an extremely important cause and it deserves our support.”
SABMiller said it contributed ZAR5m in the run-ups to the 1999, 2004 and 2009 elections.
“This year’s higher donation value follows a number of years of double-digit inflation in South Africa,” the company said.
For a round up of SABMiller's presence in Africa, click here.
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Australia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review