UK: SABMiller unveils new Peroni advert
SABMiller has unveiled its new Peroni Nastro Azzurro beer advert, devised to emphasis the brand's premium image.
The global advert campaign, entitled Blue Ribbon and set to debut in UK cinemas from 19 September, was aired at a preview in London last night (17 September).
It features iconic Italian brands from the 1960s, such as a 90cc Vespa and an Alfa Romeo Spider car. Peroni, too, was first brewed in the 1960s.
Chris Taylor, group international brands director at SABMiller, said the advert was intended to escape the confines of "traditional beer advertising". He said SAB wanted to push Peroni as a high-end, premium product.
The cost of the ad, which was filmed in Cape Town, South Africa, has not been disclosed. Further plans for the campaign roll out will be announced shortly, SAB said.
Legislation being proposed by the Scottish government would, if passed, represent some of the strictest alcohol regulation in the EU, so it's no surprise that it has provoked widespread reaction. just...
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, is to buy a brewery in the country's Shandong province for around US$42m....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
European brewing association The Brewers of Europe said today (13 March) that it welcomes the EU's Alcohol and Health Forum set up to fight alcohol misuse....
Setting a minimum price for alcoholic drinks will cost Scottish consumers more than GBP80m per year, according to research commissioned by brewer SABMiller, as talk of a legal challenge to the proposa...
Molson Coors plans to to launch a second cost savings scheme to save an extra $100m annually, the brewer's chief financial officer has said....
SABMiller has confirmed that its Grolsch brewery will produce Miller Genuine Draft for the Irish market, replacing a contract with Heineken Ireland....
Poland's largest brewer and SABMiller subsidiary, Kompania Piwowarska, plans to cut more than 80 jobs as the economic downturn hits beer market growth in the country....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits