COLOMBIA: SABMiller unveils Bavaria chief
SABMiller has confirmed the appointment of a new president for its Colombian unit, Bavaria.
The brewer said late yesterday (24 January) that Karl Lippert, the managing director of its Polish operations, would replace Ricardo Obregón on 13 February.
Obregón announced his intention to step down last month. He will leave the company next Tuesday (31 January).
Lippert, who joined South African Breweries in 1992, has been managing director of Kompania Piwowarska in Poland since 2003. Prior to that he was managing director of Dreher in Hungary and sales & distribution director for SABMiller Europe, based in Budapest.
Lippert will report to SABMiller's Latin America president, Barry Smith.
"Karl brings a wealth of experience in product development, brand and trade marketing to Bavaria, and has built a first class team in Poland to rival any company in the world," Smith said.
Lippert added: "Bavaria has a phenomenal track record and reputation, which I and my colleagues from SABMiller intend to continue and build on in future."
SABMiller acquired Bavaria in July last year. The Colombian brewer is the second largest brewer in South America.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research