UK: SABMiller turnaround programme on schedule
SABMiller has said that Miller's three-year turnaround programme is on course. The brewer said yesterday (27 September) that it will increase its reinvestment both in its current turnaround and in generating long-term growth.
SABMiller was speaking at the halfway point of the three-year programme to revitalise its US brewing operations Miller Brewing, which it acquired from Philip Morris.
Rising investment in brand-building will both slow near-term margin growth and result in an increase in capital expenditure, the company said.
Miller will seek modest sales volume growth in its total domestic brand portfolio and improving revenue per barrel driven by both pricing and sales mix. Incremental cost savings will be partially reinvested to sustain growth for the long run, and operating margins are expected to rise into double digits over the medium term, SABMiller said.
"Miller's pricing and promotion philosophy as a rational, increasingly sophisticated approach (will) be applied locally to drive value for the company," SABMiller added.
On the basis of new investments in equipment, systems and training, Miller intends to further upgrade its manufacturing processes, supply chain and procurement practices, thereby enhancing its cost structure for the long term.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends