UK: SABMiller to spend $30m on share sweep-up
SABMiller is preparing to spend up to US$30m on minority shares in two of its Panamanian subsidiaries.
The brewer said today (31 July) that it has begun tender offers for the remaining shares it does not yet own in Cerveceria Nacional and Refrescos Nacionales. The offer periods for the two purchases started on Sunday, and expire on 27 September.
The cash offers equate to $22 per share in Cerveceria Nacional and $10.50 for Refrescos Nacionales.
The effective minority interests in Cerveceria Nacional and Refrescos Nacionales are 8.4% and 1.9% respectively, SABMiller noted.
Cerveceria Nacional has one brewery in the country with a bottling capacity of 1.6m hectolitres. Refrescos Nacionales is in effect a subsidiary of Cerveceria Nacional, and bottles Coca-Cola products.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
just-drinks wine pundit Chris Losh turns clairvoyant to predict the big stories of 2008. Will our Nostradamus of the Spittoon be proved right? There is only one way to find out. Keep reading just-drin...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller has seen its third quarter sales slow, reporting a slip in South African beer volumes as well as sluggish volumes in markets such as Latin America, Europe and China....
Lehman Brothers has cut its rating on SABMiller from 'overweight' to 'equal-weight', according to dealers....
The future bodes well for spirits companies, according to an analyst, although brewers will find 2008 tough going as commodity prices remain high....
A raft of brewers in the UK have begun packaging their beer in lighter bottles....
Grolsch has posted a lift in both sales and profits for the first ten months of last year....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets