US/UK: SABMiller to sell debt to fund Foster's Group buy
SABMiller said today that it has priced a $7bn bond issue in the US. It will be split into four tranches, with $1bn to mature in 2015, another $2bn in 2017, $2.5bn in 2022 and $1.5bn in 2042.
Proceeds from the bond issue will be used to repay a bank loan taken out to acquire Australia's largest brewer, Foster's Group. In December, SABMiller bought Foster's for AUD11.5bn including debt.
SABMiller's CFO, Jamie Wilson, said: "We were very pleased by the high level of demand from bond investors in response to this offering, and the pricing achieved, which we believe is a reflection of the strengths of the SABMiller Group and our attractive profile of brands and businesses." The bond issue will be overseen by SABMiller's wholly-owned subsidiary, SABMiller Holdings.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research