RUSSIA: SABMiller to launch Peroni in Russia
SABMiller has confirmed plans to launch its premium international beer brand, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, in Russia.
The company said today (23 April) that entering the Russian market is part of the Italian brand's GBP25m (US$50m) global roll-out and will coincide with an installation in the country of dresses by Italian fashion designer Antonio Berardi, twinning the brand with Italian style.
SABMiller Russia's managing director James Wilson said: "Russians have long had a love affair with all things Italian, associating their goods with elegance, craftsmanship and authenticity. They are becoming increasingly demanding and appreciate brands with quality, strong heritage and international appeal, all values embodied by Peroni Nastro Azzurro."
SABMiller's international brand director for Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Chris Taylor, added: "Peroni Nastro Azzurro's unique Italian style positioning, as well as the huge opportunities opening up in the Eastern markets, means the brand is well placed to be very successful in Russia."
Peroni Nastro Azzurro is now present in 13 markets, including India, the UK, the US and Italy.
Last week, SABMiller reported that sales for the 12 months to the end of March hit the top end of expectations, as the company benefited from what it described as "successful revenue management and enhanced productivity" as well as favourable exchange rates in some of its major countries. The group's lager volume growth was 11% for the year with organic growth of 7%. Revenue grew by some 16%, benefiting from price increases and mix improvements, which have offset the impact of higher input costs.
Another whirlwind week on financial markets has coincided with a flurry of results statements from drinks firms. Have we learnt anything?...
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
SABmiller has reported a 3% rise in beer volumes for its first half, despite slowdowns in the emerging markets of Russia and China....
A poor financial climate means Australian drinks group Foster's might be forced to wait to unload its troubled wine division....
SABMiller has launched a new beer brand across India to complement its Royal Challenge Premium lager brand in the country....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research