UK: SABMiller to launch national brand in China
SABMiller has announced plans to launch one of its international brands in China. The brewer will release the brand on the Chinese market during the first half of this year.
Speaking at a press conference yesterday (18 January), SABMiller's Africa and Asia Division finance director Jonathan Kirby said the as yet undecided brand will hit Beijing and Shanghai first.
"It's a work in progress at the moment," Kirby said. "We need to look at whether to import the brand or manufacture it locally, but we're hoping to be in Beijing and Shanghai (with the brand) before the beginning of the Chinese summer."
SABMiller already has Snow as its main brand in China, through its joint venture with China Resource Enterprises.
We already hold 12% market share in China," Kirby added. "We don't need more acquisitions at the moment, but we do need to develop brands (in China)."
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
Fresh rumours surrounding a possible bid for Scottish & Newcastle saw the brewer's share price rise sharply yesterday (18 May) morning....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research