PERU: SABMiller to launch Miller Genuine Draft
MGD lands in Peru
SABMiller will launch Miller Genuine Draft in Peru, marking the beer brand's first appearance in South America.
The launch is part of SABMiller's strategy to increase its super premium portfolio in Peru and will be targeted at consumers between the ages of 18 and 29 years.
"Its cosmopolitan, super premium offering will be a first for Peru and we are confident that the brands combination of ingredients and legendary reputation will resonate perfectly with target consumers," said Alex De la Melena, manager of international brands at SABMiller's Peruvian subsidiary, Backus.
The brewer will initially launch Miller Genuine Draft in bars, restaurants and nightclubs in Peru's capital city, Lima. Music will form a central part of SABMiller's brand positioning.
SABMiller has five breweries in Peru, where beer consumption is 37 litres per capita. The brewer has an 89% share of the country's 10.8m-hectolitre beer market.
An SABMiller spokesperson declined to name a target price for bottles of MGD in Peru.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewers performance in the six months to the end of September....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2010....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts