UK: SABMiller takes Peroni to France
SABMiller has lined up one of its international premium beer brands for release in the French market.
The brewer announced yesterday (4 July) that Peroni Nastro Azzuro will be available with immediate effect across the country. The release has coincided with news from ACNielsen, that the beer brand has entered the top ten premium lager brands by volume in the UK, SABMiller boasted.
"We are very excited about the launch of the brand in France and the opportunities it presents," said Chris Taylor, SABMiller International brand director for Peroni. "Whilst traditionally the country is better known for its love of wine, Peroni Nastro Azzurro has changed people's perceptions of traditional beer drinking.
"Through innovative marketing campaigns which reflect our unique Italian style positioning, such as Emporio Peroni and being the first official beer sponsor of Fashion Week, it is now situated firmly alongside the champagne and long drinks categories."
The launch was kick-started with a party at a style bar in Monte Carlo.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
SABMiller has ruled out speculation that it is looking to list in the US next year....
SABMiller has plans to seek approval from the Autoriteit Financiele Markten (AFM) with regards to its current offer for Grolsch....
SABMiller has taken a stake in Royal Grolsch NV, according a recent filing....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
Scottish & Newcastle has confirmed its plans for its first brewery in Vietnam....
Scottish & Newcastle has declined to comment on speculation suggesting it will sell its Kronenbourg lager brand....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research