UK: SABMiller takes Peroni to Colombia
SABMiller is to launch its premium beer brand Peroni Nastro Azzuro in South America.
The Italian beer brand will be available in the Colombian on-trade in the coming weeks, the brewer said today (14 September). The move marks Peroni's first appearance in South America and will be SABMiller's first foreign imported beer in the region.
Peroni will initially be available in high-end on-trade premises in Bogotá and Medellin, with seasonal availability in Cartagena. The launch will be supported by a marketing campaign including above and below the line activity, which will focus on Peroni's Italian positioning.
"This launch is an important step for us as we develop our portfolio of brands to satisfy the needs of all Colombian beer consumers," said Karl Lippert, president of SABMiller's South American subsidiary Bavaria.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for SABMiller explained the thinking behind introducing Peroni to Colombia. "There is quite a sophisticated on-trade in Colombia, meaning that there's serious opportunity to focus on the aspirational status of consumers," the spokesperson said. "Whilst (Bavaria's) Club Colombia is already available in the premium segment, we believe the market is ripe for an international premium offering like Peroni."
The sale of one of Carlsberg's two breweries in Italy signals a stronger focus on the premium end of the market, according to the head of the Danish brewer's business in Western Europe. Speaking to ju...
SABMiller is looking at the possibility of building a brewery in southern Sudan, just-drinks understands....
The head of Carlsberg's business in Asia has said the company's partnership with Vietnamese brewer Hanoi Beer Company (Habeco) will help it stave off growing competition in the fast-growing market....
Heineken and SABMiller have stayed silent on reports in Belarus that they are interested in the country's largest brewer Krinitsa....
Government officials in Vietnam have given the green light to Scottish & Newcastle's plans to build a greenfield brewery in the country....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed its long-rumoured entry into the Indian beer market. The US brewing giant today (22 February) announced that it would set up a local venture with Indian brewer Crown Beers...
Anheuser-Busch and InBev are in preliminary merger talks, according to a Brazilian newspaper report. Valor Economico claimed today (15 February) that the two global brewers have begun talks about a po...
SABMiller is mulling plans to boost its brewing capacity in Russia, the London-listed brewing giant told just-drinks today (14 February)....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018