CANADA: SABMiller takes fight to Molson Coors over licensing deal - report
SABMiller says it will defend itself
Miller Brewing is locked in a legal showdown with Coors after it tried to terminate a license agreement between the two. Coors, the sales and marketing agent for Miller’s brands in Canada, has filed a lawsuit against the decision.
But, in court documents seen by The Globe and Mail, Miller Brewing said Coors only sold 86% of its target volumes of Miller Genuine Draft in 2010, 77% in 2011 and 75% in 2012.
Miller claims in its defence filings to the Ontario Superior Court that the shortfall gives it the right to cancel the agreement, the Mail said yesterday (11 March).
Coors also alleges that Miller Brewing tried to poach its staff, an accusation denied by Miller, the Mail said.
Last month, Miller said it will “vigorously defend” the action and maintains its right to end the contract. The company said it has given Coors six months notice from 18 January, with the agreement set to terminate on 22 July.
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Alcoholic Drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Alcoholic Drinks in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018