CHINA: SABMiller takes control of three China breweries
The London-based brewer SABMiller announced on Friday that its Chinese joint venture, China Resources Breweries Limited (CRB), will raise its ownership of three breweries from 90% to 100% to gain full control of the Snow beer brand. CRB, a joint venture between SABMiller and China Resources Enterprise Ltd, will buy the outstanding shares in China Resources' Snowflake Brewery, Shenyang Snowflake Beer Company and Shenyang Shengyang Beer Company from Shenyang Pi Jiu Chang for a cash consideration of HK$131.6m (US$16.9m) plus an additional consideration, likely not to exceed HK$7.8m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends