CHINA: SABMiller takes control of three China breweries
The London-based brewer SABMiller announced on Friday that its Chinese joint venture, China Resources Breweries Limited (CRB), will raise its ownership of three breweries from 90% to 100% to gain full control of the Snow beer brand. CRB, a joint venture between SABMiller and China Resources Enterprise Ltd, will buy the outstanding shares in China Resources' Snowflake Brewery, Shenyang Snowflake Beer Company and Shenyang Shengyang Beer Company from Shenyang Pi Jiu Chang for a cash consideration of HK$131.6m (US$16.9m) plus an additional consideration, likely not to exceed HK$7.8m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk