CHINA: SABMiller takes control of three China breweries
The London-based brewer SABMiller announced on Friday that its Chinese joint venture, China Resources Breweries Limited (CRB), will raise its ownership of three breweries from 90% to 100% to gain full control of the Snow beer brand. CRB, a joint venture between SABMiller and China Resources Enterprise Ltd, will buy the outstanding shares in China Resources' Snowflake Brewery, Shenyang Snowflake Beer Company and Shenyang Shengyang Beer Company from Shenyang Pi Jiu Chang for a cash consideration of HK$131.6m (US$16.9m) plus an additional consideration, likely not to exceed HK$7.8m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery