CZECH REP: SABMiller subsidiary launches malt RTD
Plzenský Prazdroj, the Czech beer producer, has launched a low alcohol malt drink, the first non-beer product to be added to the company's portfolio.
SABMiller's Czech subsidiary said in a statement that the malt drink with a low alcohol content and a fine lemon-apple flavour, would be called Frisco.
The drink is being rolled out into bars and clubs, with a gradual expansion to restaurants and retail network.
"We operate in the environment, which in no way could be described as isolated beer market - it is a complex beverage market that is dramatically changing. Therefore, we took an opportunity in one of its segments that, in our opinion, has promising potential," said Steve Woodward, managing director of Plzenský Prazdroj. "Our strategy is to continue strengthening our leading position in the domestic beer market and in particular to expand abroad in co-operation with SABMiller. As Czech market leader we have to have answers for new challenges and to offer our consumers such innovations as Frisco."
Frisco, the company said, was inspired by the growing popularity of similar drinks abroad. It Martin Kuděla, Frisco brand manager, said: "With its light flavor, it will appeal primarily to women but also to everybody who likes to try something new."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets