UK: SABMiller stays quiet over Colombian acquisition reports
SABMiller has stayed silent over press speculation that it may acquire spirits distiller Industria Licorera de Caldas (ILC).
Speaking to just-drinks today (11 July) the company declined to comment when asked about its interest in Columbian distiller ILC. The speculation was fuelled by recent reports that representatives of SABMiller had attended a meeting with ILC to express an interest in acquiring a stake in the company.
In May SABMiller said it plans to invest in its South American operations over the next five years due to a rise in sales volumes and profit growth potential in the region.
The company said that a US$1.8bn investment will be spent renovating the brewer's brand's image in an effort to broaden the brewer's consumer base. The campaign will include new packaging and upgraded brewing capacity, as well as improving point of sale and developing route to market networks said the group.
Strong volume growth in Colombia has already accelerated the investment of US$175m in a new brewery in Cali. Similarly in Peru, SABMiller's subsidiary Backus and Johnston announced it will invest US$102m in the expansion of its facilities at Ate and Motupe.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
SABMiller has ruled out speculation that it is looking to list in the US next year....
SABMiller has plans to seek approval from the Autoriteit Financiele Markten (AFM) with regards to its current offer for Grolsch....
SABMiller has taken a stake in Royal Grolsch NV, according a recent filing....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
Scottish & Newcastle has confirmed its plans for its first brewery in Vietnam....
Scottish & Newcastle has declined to comment on speculation suggesting it will sell its Kronenbourg lager brand....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits