GLOBAL: SABMiller seeks digital marketing exec
SABMiller creates digital marketing post
SABMiller is seeking to bolster is digital marketing strategy by appointing a global head of digital enablement.
The Peroni Nastro Azzurro producer has created the position to "raise our standards in the area of digitally enabled brand communication", according to a job advert posted on the LinkedIn network and verified by a spokesperson for the brewer.
The move comes as many of the world's leading drinks companies are seeking to broaden their digital marketing strategies. Last month, Diageo signed a "multi-million dollar" deal with Facebook, while Heineken has signed an advertising deal with Google's Youtube.
Following on from this, SABMiller's job advert states that part of the firm's new digital role will involve "developing strategic global partnerships with technology providers and publishers which leverage our global scale".
Earlier this week, the brewer's capability director for integrated activation, Charlie Hiscocks, told just-drinks: "Digitally enabled marketing is already happening in SABMiller's businesses around the world. We are introducing the role of head of digital enablement to ensure that we're capturing best practice and leveraging our learning to lead the programme for capability development at a global level."
More generally, the UK-listed brewer is seeking to better coordinate its global marketing activities. SABMiller said that it has also appointed Jim Taylor to the newly-created role of head of integrated activity planning.
Taylor has spent the last eight years leading "international connections planning" at ad agency WPP, SABMiller said. Both positions will be based in the UK.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014