CHINA: SABMiller says SARS will hit China growth
However, SABMiller's managing director for Africa and Asia, Andre Parker, was upbeat about his own company's Chinese operations which he said would benefit from the purchase of a stake in Harbin Brewery which it announced earlier this week. The Harbin deal would add "significant" synergies in the northeast of the country, Parker said.
Parker said the impact of SARS had varied from region to region but may have reduced beer sales in Beijing and other cities by as much as 20%.
"The SARS impact could bring growth down to zero (for the year) - but that is real thumb-suck territory," Parker said, adding that sales had been hit as consumers who normally ate out at restaurants chose to stay at home.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
Fresh rumours surrounding a possible bid for Scottish & Newcastle saw the brewer's share price rise sharply yesterday (18 May) morning....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research