US: SABMiller reveals year long drive for Miller Lite
SABMiller is to unveil a new packaging for its key US beer Miller Lite, in a "year-long commitment" to reinvigorate the brand.
Beginning this month, SAB Miller will roll out a new logo backed up by a comprehensive marketing plan to deliver it to consumers.
"We're out to reinvigorate the adult beer drinker's experience with Miller Lite," said Bob Mikulay, Miller's executive vice president of marketing. "We are unveiling a new look and attitude for Miller Lite with a year-long commitment to creating memorable and exciting - often unexpected - experiences for consumers to share with this great beer."
The logo will adorn all bottles, cans, packaging, point-of-sale materials and signage in stores and on delivery trucks.
Several new editions of the popular Miller Lite "Storytellers" advertising campaign will air in early January, which includes the brand's new visual identity.
Consumers will also see a national print campaign in magazines such as Maxim, ESPN the Magazine and the ever-popular Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, which will include a special Miller Lite calendar.
"Miller Lite is engaging a whole new generation of beer drinkers - 30 years after establishing the light beer category," said Mikulay. "We've got some exciting events planned; beer drinkers should watch for some spectacular stuff coming from the brand throughout 2003 and beyond."
Although Miller was the first company to sell a nationally successful low-calorie beer, Miller Lite has been losing ground to rivals Bud Light and Coors Light, the No. 1 and No. 2 low-calorie brands sold by Anheuser-Busch Co. (BUD) and Adolph Coors Co. (RKY), respectively.
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends