INDIA: SABMiller readies Indian mainstream beer addition
SABMiller has lined up an addition to its mild beer portfolio in India, just-drinks has learned.
The brewer, which currently holds the number two spot in India behind United Breweries, will release Indus Pride to compete against UB's Kingfisher brand in the country's mainstream beer sector, a source close to the situation told just-drinks today (7 May).
SABMiller already offers Royal Challenge to mild beer drinkers in India, while Indus Pride would look to reduce UB's market dominance in the sector.
The source was unable to give specific details behind the launch, although Indus Pride is expected to hit India at some point this year.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for SABMiller declined to comment on the matter.
SABMiller currently owns 11 breweries in India, and accounts for around 31% of the country's beer market.
Another whirlwind week on financial markets has coincided with a flurry of results statements from drinks firms. Have we learnt anything?...
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
MillerCoors has selected the location for its new headquarters in the city of Chicago....
Beer sales have continued to plummet in the UK, falling in both pubs and retailers during the third quarter of 2008, a new report shows....
Coca-Cola Femsa has said that net profit plunged by 35.5% in the third quarter of 2008, as costs overshadowed a double-digit revenue rise....
MillerCoors has confirmed its plans to discontinue its Zima malt beverage portfolio in the US....
Efes Breweries International has said that beer volumes increased by around 8% during the first nine months of 2008....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research