UK: SABMiller re-appoints acting chair after Mackay suffers relapse
Graham Mackay has taken another leave of absence following a sudden deterioration in his condition
SABMiller has re-instated John Manser as its acting chairman after reporting that Graham Mackay has experienced a "sudden worsening" in his health.
Mackay underwent surgery earlier this year for a brain tumour, but returned to the chairman role in September after recovering. In a statement today (15 November) however, SABMiller said: "Following a recent sudden worsening of his (Mackay's) condition, the board has agreed to his request for a further leave of absence."
Manser, who acted as chairman during Mackay's first leave of absence, took on the role from yesterday, it said.
"The board will continue to keep the position under review," the company added.
SABMiller fast-tracked a process that saw Alan Clark replace Mackay as CEO in April this year.
The group reports its half-year numbers next Thursday (21 November).
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015