UK: SABMiller rating upgraded
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped. Morgan Stanley yesterday (4 May) upgraded the brewer to 'overweight' from 'equalweight.'
The US broker told clients that it believes that the company's market share growth, cost control and mix improvement can help raise its organic EBITA growth (pre-currency) from between 4% and 5% to the high single digits.
SABMiller has top three positions in 30 of its 40 markets, Morgan Stanley said, so in most cases it can harness a disproportionate share of the profit pool.
The broker also said that SABMiller profits in the US market should be satisfactory as the company has cost savings and mix driving its growth. Morgan Stanley feels that Budweiser has a lot more to lose in a price war, so it expects rationality to return to the US in time.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
SABMiller is to begin buying into Slovakian brewery Topvar, according to local reports....
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
Kompania Piwowarska (KP) has posted its figures for the year to 31 March....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research