GLOBAL: SABMiller Q3 sales rise but rain dampens China
- Q3 net sales rise by 8%
- Overall volumes up by 2%
- Soft drinks volumes increase by 3%
- China volumes dip by 3%
SABMiller has posted a strong Q3 sales increase
SABMiller has posted a jump in third-quarter sales despite bad weather in China that saw its volumes in the country dip.
Net sales rose by 8% on an organic basis in the three months to the end of December, the brewer said in a trading update today (22 January). Overall volumes climbed by 2% on an organic basis in the same period.
In China, the brewer, through its JV CR Snow, saw organic volumes fall by 3% after a cold and wet winter depressed demand, it said. Asia-Pacific volumes, which exclude Australia, fell by 1%, mainly because of China, the company added.
SABMiller said that its financial performance for the quarter was "in-line with expectations", but did not reveal profit details.
- Asia Pacific -1%
- Latin America +6%
- Africa +4%
- South Africa +3%
- Europe +1%
- Australia -15%
In Australia, SABMiller continues to face problems with its troubled Foster's unit that it bought in 2011. In Q3, its total lager volumes in the country fell by 15%. However, flagship brand Victoria Bitter grew its volumes by 2% in the wake of an abv rethink, announced in September.
SABMiller's premium beer in South Africa, Castle Lite, continued its strong performance with a 20% volumes increase, the company said. Soft drinks volumes dipped by 3% in the country after a price rise.
The company's overall soft drinks volumes were up by 3% on an organic basis.
In early trading today, SABMiller's shares were up slightly after dipping as much as 2% yesterday.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets