UK: SABMiller puts MGD on draught
SABMiller is to begin selling Miller Genuine Draft on draught in pubs and bars across Scotland.
The launch will take place in a "limited number" of on-trade outlets in April, supported by branded glasses and point-of-sale marketing, said SABMiller's UK and Ireland subsidiary, Miller Brands.
Darren Tendler, Miller Brands sales director, said: “The Scottish premium draught market is crowded with brands that are undifferentiated and offer consumers the same choice and taste profile.
"We believe that introducing Miller Genuine Draft in draught will bring a much needed boost to the category as well as exciting the customer by offering them something truly different.”
Marketing manager for the brand, Richard Ingram, said: "We have invested a significant amount of time and money to ensure that each pint of Miller Genuine Draft the consumer enjoys delivers the crisp, clean and refreshing taste which the brand is known and loved for, and that we offer the right support to licensees to help them build their business."
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading econo...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review