UK: SABMiller prices seven-year Euro bond issue
SABMiller will use the proceeds to repay part of the debt from its Foster's acquisition
The issue consists of EUR1bn (US$1.3bn) 1.875% notes, due in January 2020, SABMiller said today (30 November). The issuance, through subsidiary SABMiller Holdings, is under the company's US$3bn Guaranteed Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
SABMiller said proceeds will be used to "repay in part its bank borrowings incurred to finance the acquisition of Foster's Group Limited (for US$11.75bn) in December 2011".
"We are delighted with the positive response we have received from investors to our first issue in the Euro market for three years, which was very competitively priced,” said SABMiller CFO, Jamie Wilson.
“We believe this reflects the continuing strengths of SABMiller's business and brands.”
In January, SABMiller said it was selling US$7bn-worth of debt in order to help fund the Foster's acquisition.
The issue is scheduled to close on Thursday (6 December), subject to customary conditions, the company said.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the recent swathe of NPD in the shandy - or radler - sub-category....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019