UK: SABMiller prices seven-year Euro bond issue
SABMiller will use the proceeds to repay part of the debt from its Foster's acquisition
The issue consists of EUR1bn (US$1.3bn) 1.875% notes, due in January 2020, SABMiller said today (30 November). The issuance, through subsidiary SABMiller Holdings, is under the company's US$3bn Guaranteed Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
SABMiller said proceeds will be used to "repay in part its bank borrowings incurred to finance the acquisition of Foster's Group Limited (for US$11.75bn) in December 2011".
"We are delighted with the positive response we have received from investors to our first issue in the Euro market for three years, which was very competitively priced,” said SABMiller CFO, Jamie Wilson.
“We believe this reflects the continuing strengths of SABMiller's business and brands.”
In January, SABMiller said it was selling US$7bn-worth of debt in order to help fund the Foster's acquisition.
The issue is scheduled to close on Thursday (6 December), subject to customary conditions, the company said.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the recent swathe of NPD in the shandy - or radler - sub-category....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research