INDIA/UK: SABMiller names Urquell brand director
SABMiller has moved one of its key Indian executives to the position of international brand director for beer brand Pilsner Urquell.
Vinod Giri, marketing director for SABMiller India, will take up the role on 2 April, the London-listed brewing giant said today (29 January).
Giri will be based in the UK and report to Nick Fell, SABMiller's group marketing director.
Giri has worked for SABMiller in India since the group set up its direct local operations there over five years ago. His experience in the beverage industry also includes positions at Coca-Cola and Seagram.
Pilsner Urquell is one of SABMiller's core international brands alongside Miller Genuine Draft and Peroni Nastro Azzurro.
Last October, the brewer said it would spend over GBP2m (US$3.9m) on marketing and sales activities for Pilsner Urquell in an attempt to drive sales in the UK.
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
SABMiller has announced that its wholly owned subsidiary SABSA Holdings has successfully priced a five-year ZAR1.6bn (US$229.4m) note issue in South Africa....
SABMiller has confirmed its interest in potential acquisitions with Colombian spirit companies....
SABMiller has stayed silent over recent press speculation that it may acquire spirits distiller Industria Licorera de Caldas (ILC)....
Lehman Brothers has increased its target price on global brewer SABMiller. The investment bank raised the target to 1,500 pence from 1,230....
SABMiller has lined up one of its international premium beer brands for release in the French market....
US investment bank Goldman Sachs has warned that top brewers in the US will be facing tough conditions for the foreseeable future....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research