FRANCE: SABMiller names new general manager in France
Van Renynghe assumed leadership of SABMiller's French unit at the beginning of this month
SABMiller has appointed Bertrand Van Renynghe as the new general manager of its French subsidiary.
Van Renynghe, who assumed the role at the beginning of this month, replaces Aj Cook, who is is now heading the brewer's operations in Scandinavia. Van Renynghe was previously SABMiller's marketing manager in Russia.
The brewer also confirmed last week that it plans to launch Grolsch in French supermarkets, making its entrance into Monoprix and Mon'op outlets.
Since the beginning of April, SABMiller's French subsidiary, along with its other subsidiaries in Europe, are part of the group's new business unit, SABMiller Brands Europe, which is based in Pilsen in Czech.
Carlsberg was keen to put on a show in Russia last week. The Danish company had invited the analyst community to its main Baltika brewery in St Petersburg and wanted to reassure folk that, despite rec...
Several smaller-scale brewers in Slovakia have formed a trade body to counter what they feel is the growing dominance of Heineken and SABMiller in the country....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban