HUNGARY: SABMiller names Euro marketing boss
SABMiller has appointed a former Procter & Gamble executive to head its marketing division in Europe.
The brewing giant today (28 September) named Chris Ritchie as marketing director of SABMiller. Ritchie, who takes up the role, based in Budapest, on 1 October, spent 11 years at P&G where he was most recently global marketing director for the Olay brand.
Alan Clark, managing director for SABMiller Europe, said: "Brands are the key to our success. Chris' broad knowledge and experience in marketing products in Europe's increasingly competitive market will support SABMiller as we strive to build our brand portfolios effectively and responsibly."
Ritchie added that he was "very excited" to be joining SABMiller. Ritchie will focus on building the brewer's local premium brands across its European markets including Polish brand Tyskie.
As managing director of SABMiller’s European division. Alan Clark has a diverse group of markets in his charge, including Russia, Italy, the Canary Islands and Romania. In the second part of this mont...
Having recovered from a tax scandal in 2005 and now back in growth, the privately owned Brazilian brewer Primo Schincariol has become a takeover target for international players keen to expand their p...
Analysts have poured cold water on the prospect of brewing giant SABMiller making a move for Magners cider owner C&C Group....
SAB Ltd soft drinks subsidiary ABI is to invest ZAR100m (US$13.5m) in expanding its carbon dioxide facilities to minimise its reliance on external suppliers....
Miller Brewing has launched a fresh US television campaign that promotes flagship brand Miller Lite as "better beer"....
Heineken has admitted it needs to get a brewery up and running as soon as possible in South Africa after winning back the local rights to beer brand Amstel. The Dutch brewing giant told just-drinks to...
SABMiller's subsidiary in Panama has offloaded its PepsiCo bottling business in Costa Rica to local brewer Cerveceria Costa Rica (CCR)....
Heineken has won back the rights to beer brand Amstel in South Africa from brewing rival SABMiller. The Dutch brewing giant regained control of the brand after an arbitration panel ruled that SABMille...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future