COLOMBIA: SABMiller moves for final Bavaria shares
SABMiller has begun buying the remaining 3% of shares in Colombian brewer Bavaria on the open market.
The brewing giant already owns close to 97% of Bavaria and is in the process of snapping up the remaining stake, a spokesman told just-drinks today (16 December).
In July, SABMiller paid US$4.8bn to Bavaria's owners, the Santo Domingo family, for a 71.8% stake in the company.
Earlier this month, SABMiller launched an offer for the rest of Bavaria's shares on the Colombian Stock Exchange. When the offer closed on 6 December, SABMiller had paid US$1.2bn for a further 25.19%, taking its total interest in Bavaria to 96.96%.
The spokesman added that SABMiller's latest offer would run until 23 December.
"The value of the offer will be fixed at US$19.48, which is what we offered (on 6 December) and what was offered to the Santo Domingo family."
He declined to comment on whether SABMiller would delist Bavaria's shares from the Colombian Stock Exchange.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research