GLOBAL: SABMiller, Molson Coors get EU j-v approval
The EC said yesterday (7 April) that it found no competition concerns or any effects on either companies' operations in the European Union region.
In November, the two brewers were advised by the anti-trust division of the US Department of Justice that it required further information regarding the companies' proposed collaboration.
"We said initially that our aim was to complete this transaction in mid-2008, and that remains the case," a spokesperson for SABMiller told just-drinks at the turn of the year. "This date was given on the basis of past precedent as to how long these types of investigations tend to take to complete."
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
SABMiller has said it has "no plans" to launch its Redd's flavoured beer brand in the UK, contrary to reports this week....
Some of the drinks industry's biggest names are thought to be eyeing Australian group Foster's, just-drinks understands....
Brewblog, the drinks industry news blog sponsored by MillerCoors, is to be shut down because it no longer fits with the company's communication strategy....
SABMiller is re-organising parts of its business in India, as it prepares to launch a new beer in the country....
SABMiller has unveiled its new Peroni Nastro Azzurro beer advert, devised to emphasis the brand's premium image....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Coors Brewing has lined up new packaging for its Coors Light beer brand in the UK on- and off-trade....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts