UK: SABMiller leads Bavaria race - report
The race for ownership of Empresarial Bavaria could be settled within the next few weeks, according to press reports. Speaking to Reuters yesterday (20 June), a source close to the situation said that SABMiller is poised to buy the Colombian brewer for around US$7bn including debt from Bavaria's controlling Santo Domingo family. The UK-based company is hoping to have the acquisition secured by next month, the source told Reuters.
SABMiller and Heineken are presently leading the pack in the rush to snap up Bavaria, according to speculation. The sources told the press agency that both companies have been asked to renew their interest in the Colombian company and put forward firm proposals to acquire Bavaria before the end of this month.
When questioned by Reuters, a spokesman for Bavaria said: "We have heard the reports but have no comment on them. We don't know who is the source of these reports."
"The Santo Domingo family has conducted due diligence on both potential buyers and is assessing the merits of each one," one source close to the situation told Reuters.
"SABMiller is clearly in the driving seat and determined to clinch a deal to gain one of the last remaining big regional brewing deals left," another source close to the auction added.
A spokesman for SABMiller declined to comment when contacted by just-drinks.
Bavaria is worth in the region of US$6.8bn, including US$1.7bn of debt.
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report