ROMANIA: SABMiller launches Peroni Nastro Azzurro
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market.
Through its local subsidiary Compania de Bere România (CBR), Peroni Nastro Azzurro has been available in the market since the beginning of April.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro will be supported by a marketing campaign featuring similar advertising materials to those used in the recent re-launch of the brand in the UK. In Romania, Peroni Nastro Azzurro will be aimed primarily at the on-trade market where it will be positioned in the super-premium category.
Chris Taylor, SABMiller's international brand manager, said: "Peroni Nastro Azzurro will be the only Italian beer on the Romanian market and our market research indicates that Romanians recognise the brand's hallmark characteristics of Italian spirit and effortless style. We are tremendously excited by its potential."
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
SABMiller is to begin buying into Slovakian brewery Topvar, according to local reports....
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
Kompania Piwowarska (KP) has posted its figures for the year to 31 March....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends