GLOBAL: SABMiller launches 50th birthday Peroni push
SABMiller has launched a global push for Peroni Nastro Azzurro as the beer brand celebrates its 50th anniversary.
The “Storie di Stile” campaign, which charts the history of the Italian brand, includes a cinema ad and print and outdoor billboards, SABMiller said today (11 June). The ad starts with the record-breaking sailing of the SS Rex across the Atlantic, which inspired Peroni in 1963 to name its export lager Peroni Nastro Azzurro, or Blue Riband in Italian.
“Our 50th anniversary offered the perfect opportunity to tell the story of Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s provenance and heritage by celebrating both the inspiration and creation of our brand in an era of extraordinary creativity and flair,” Peroni Nastro Azzurro global brand director Claudia Falcone said.
Last year, the head of Miller Brands, the UK subsidiary of SABMiller, said he was focussed on keeping Peroni Nastro Azzurro positioned as a premium brand, but remained “very cautious” about its distribution.
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Australia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review