GLOBAL: SABMiller launches 50th birthday Peroni push
SABMiller has launched a global push for Peroni Nastro Azzurro as the beer brand celebrates its 50th anniversary.
The “Storie di Stile” campaign, which charts the history of the Italian brand, includes a cinema ad and print and outdoor billboards, SABMiller said today (11 June). The ad starts with the record-breaking sailing of the SS Rex across the Atlantic, which inspired Peroni in 1963 to name its export lager Peroni Nastro Azzurro, or Blue Riband in Italian.
“Our 50th anniversary offered the perfect opportunity to tell the story of Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s provenance and heritage by celebrating both the inspiration and creation of our brand in an era of extraordinary creativity and flair,” Peroni Nastro Azzurro global brand director Claudia Falcone said.
Last year, the head of Miller Brands, the UK subsidiary of SABMiller, said he was focussed on keeping Peroni Nastro Azzurro positioned as a premium brand, but remained “very cautious” about its distribution.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research