GLOBAL: SABMiller launches 50th birthday Peroni push
SABMiller has launched a global push for Peroni Nastro Azzurro as the beer brand celebrates its 50th anniversary.
The “Storie di Stile” campaign, which charts the history of the Italian brand, includes a cinema ad and print and outdoor billboards, SABMiller said today (11 June). The ad starts with the record-breaking sailing of the SS Rex across the Atlantic, which inspired Peroni in 1963 to name its export lager Peroni Nastro Azzurro, or Blue Riband in Italian.
“Our 50th anniversary offered the perfect opportunity to tell the story of Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s provenance and heritage by celebrating both the inspiration and creation of our brand in an era of extraordinary creativity and flair,” Peroni Nastro Azzurro global brand director Claudia Falcone said.
Last year, the head of Miller Brands, the UK subsidiary of SABMiller, said he was focussed on keeping Peroni Nastro Azzurro positioned as a premium brand, but remained “very cautious” about its distribution.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends