COLOMBIA: SABMiller late in delisting Bavaria shares
Last week, SABMiller said that the company was planning to delist the shares on 22 October. However, Bavaria's head of corporate affairs, Fernando Jaramillo, said in a recent letter to the securities regulator that the shares will trade on the Colombian stock exchange until 30 October.
Speaking to just drinks today (25 October) a spokesperson for the company said: "That was the best estimate we had from the local stock exchange."
Bavaria is Colombia's second-largest listed company in market capitalisation and as of 30 September is worth a total of COP13.8 trillion (US$6.99 bn).
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
SABMiller's rating has been increased by Dresdner Kleinwort following a trading update from the brewer yesterday....
SABMiller has reported that sales for the its 12 months to the end of March have been at the top end of its expectations....
Cobra Beer plans to set up its own Greenfield brewery in either Andra Pradesh or Maharstra, and is considering a public listing in India this year....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller and Molson Coors have named two executives to join Leo Kiely in heading up their proposed US joint venture....
SABMiller has had its rating downgraded ahead of its final quarter results next month....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have received clearance from the European Commission for their joint venture in the US and Puerto Rico....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer